May 31, 2011
Looking for a relaxing weekend away from the heat? On June 4 & 5, the sounds of Celtic music flow beside one of the oldest rivers in the world.
Located at River House Inn in Grassy Creek, NC (off Hwy 16, north of Jefferson) you will be able to take in the tunes of Celtic inspired music being performed along with a unique menu featuring Celtic dishes and even a Scotch tasting.
On Saturday June 4, the event starts at 5pm at River House with music and stories from our guest artists. Dinner will be served at 6:30 followed by more entertainment at 8pm. Artists scheduled to appear start with a duo from Charlotte, The Thistledown Tinkers, playing traditional Scottish and Irish tunes featuring fiddle and guitar.
Also, regional musician and historian, RG Absher will be presenting Celtic music with an Appalachian twist and talking about the Scots-Irish influence on the development of this region, especially during the War of Independence. He will be performing some old tunes on fiddle and other instruments from the era.
The dinner will feature special Celtic dishes and, along with the entertainment, be offered at a special price of $50 per person, plus tax & gratuity. Those that wish to join us just for the entertainment portion can do so for $10 per person. A cash bar will be offered and an optional Scotch tasting will be featured throughout the evening.
On Sunday June 5 at 4pm River House will be featuring Steve & Ruth Smith as part of their Sunday Salon series. These artists are wonderful regional musicians performing Celtic & Old Time music on guitar & hammered dulcimer. The evening includes music, appetizers and dinner, as well. Join us for this special weekend of food, culture and entertainment.
For more info visit: http://riverhousenc.com
Connect with us on the following:
May 23, 2011
This Sunday, New River Dramatists offering an entertaining buffet of theater, poetry and fiction!
New River Dramatists’ RANDELL HAYNES and BRIAN ROBINSON (stage and film actors) team with Albert Doolan, family and friends for an afternoon of great stories, poetry and drama from the unparalleled DYLAN THOMAS.
The entertainment begins at 4:00 PM. A four-course chef’s choice menu follows at 6:00 PM.
For reservations, call 336-982-2109.
For more info visit: http://riverhousenc.com/
Find us on the following:
May 11, 2011
Beautiful unspoiled mountain lots for sale in Ashe county North Carolina.
Multiple sizes lots range from 1.3, 2, and 10 acre sizes.
All very private, great view, North fork of the New river in view from most lots. Great hiking, trout fishing and solitude.
River House country inn and restaurant is within walking distance of most properties. Walk around rights to 80 acres, great neighbors in the area. Serious inquires only to email@example.com.
Tours of property available seven days a week by appointment. Only 1 hour and a half from Triad area, two hours north of Charlotte. Lots range in price from 45k to 300,000k.
For more info on River House Inn, visit: http://riverhousenc.com/
Find us on the following:
May 3, 2011
- Steinway Artist Emile Pandolfi is a performing pianist/comedian/recording artist.
- His catalog of 28 CDs have sold nearly three million copies nationally. All were recorded on his own label, MagicMusic, which he started in 1991. He is reportedly the top-selling artist in the alternative (gift and bookstore) market in the US.
- He has been performing 25-30 shows a year in Performing Arts Centers around the country for the past 15 years. The shows are solo two-hour performances combining his passion for the piano, his love of laughter, and his instant rapport with his audiences. Emile has never met a stranger – and his fans see it when he takes the stage.
- His shows are so successful presenters have re-booked him as many as eight times, with three or four venue returns the usual.
- If a comparison is called for, most people compare his shows to those of Victor Borge because of his signature combination of friendly humor and elegant interpretations supported by an extraordinary classical technique.
- Participants in the Week with Emile in 2010 were asked to rate the week from 1 to 10. One wrote 212 – BOILING!
- For streaming audio, video, recording catalog, and a lot of other information about Emile Pandolfi, visit: www.emilepandolfi.com.
Sunday Salons at the River House Inn on the New River are patterned on the famous international “salons” of the past; featuring musical and theatrical performances, poetry readings, book signings, art displays and literary and historical discussions, followed by dinner. If you can’t make dinner, you’re welcome to stop by for the entertainment in the North Carolina mountains and a libation with hors d’oeuvre! But please call to reserve.
The Sunday Salons begin at 4:00 PM; hors d’oeuvre at 5:00 PM; more music and a four-course chef’s choice menu is served at 6:00 PM. Entertainment, hors d’oeuvre and dinner! Please call 336-982-2109 for more info!